Brill Brit Beef Skewers With A Twist
|Brill Brit Beef Skewers With A Twist|
Recipe Type: The Warm Up
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
It looks like BBQ weather is here to stay, for a few days at least, so why not try these Brill Brit Beef Skewers with a tangy Hoisin twist? They’re perfect for pre BBQ nibbles..
- 900g flank steak
- 125ml hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp peeled and grated fresh root ginger
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- 1/2 tsp crushed red chillies
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 20 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 chopped spring onions
- First make the marinade: mix the hoisin sauce, lime juice, garlic, honey, ginger, chilli sauce, sesame oil, black pepper and crushed red chillies in a glass bowl.
- Next thinly slice your flank steak across the grain and at an angle. Each slice should be about and 1 inch wide and 5mm thick.
- Add the cut steak to the bowl with the marinade and coat well.
- Seal the glass bowl with some clingfilm and pop into the fridge for 45 min – 2 hours.
- When you’re ready to BBQ, heat it to a medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile thread the marinated meat onto the pre-soaked skewers.
- Pop them onto the BBQ and cook until ‘done’ (for well done that’d be 2 -3 min each side)
- Serve with some toasted sesame seeds and chopped spring onions – then, as you nibble this mega meaty starter get crackin’ with all the other delish meats on that barbi!
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe