Gluten-free Caraway Seed Bread
|Gluten-free Caraway Seed Bread|
Recipe Type: Appetiser
Prep Time: 1 hour 15 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total Time: 1 hour 50 mins
You too can capture the essence of your favourite bakery with this delicious gluten free caraway seed loaf and fill your kitchen with the aromatic flavours of freshly made bread.
- 160g Gluten free flour
- 200g arrowroot starch
- 125g Tapioca flour
- 62g Superfine brown rice flour
- 62g Amaranth flour
- 32g Buttermilk powder
- 1tbsp Guar gum
- 1tsp Salt
- 1tsp Gluten free onion powder
- tsp Gluten free garlic powder
- 1 ½ tbsp Caraway seeds
- 5tsp Instant dry yeast granules
- 3 Eggs
- 112ml Olive oil (plus 3tbsp for baking pan)
- 1tbsp Honey
- 1tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 160g Plain club soda
- Taking a large mixing bowl, blend all your dry ingredients together and whisk until evenly distributed.
- Using a separate bowl beat your eggs together before adding your vinegar, olive oil, honey and 125g of plain club soda. Continue mixing until smooth.
- Stirring slowly, gently introduce your liquid mixture to your dry ingredients. NOTE: if possible use an electric whisk on a slow speed.
- Increase the speed of your whisk to medium for 2 minutes, adding a little bit of water to the dough if it becomes too stiff. Continue mixing until your dough becomes thick and shaggy.
- Increase the speed of your whisk to high for a further 2 minutes. This shall help your dough to become smooth and thick.
- Remove the dough from the side of your bowl using a spatula, cover with a damp towel and allow to rest for 1 hour.
- Whilst your dough is resting, preheat your oven to 205C.
- Using a casserole dish, pour in 3tbsp of olive oil into the base and without a lid, place into your oven to preheat.
- Remove from the oven and place your rested dough in the base.
- Dip your spatula into some water and use it to smooth the top of your dough.
- Cover your casserole dish with a lid and place into your oven for 35-45 minute.
- Remove from the oven, tip onto a cooling tray and leave to cool for 20 minutes before slicing.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe