Crackin’ Coronation Chicken
|Crackin’ Coronation Chicken|
Recipe Type: Main Attraction
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook time: 1 hour 30 mins
Total Time: 1 hour 50 mins
If you’re struggling for some cheeky celebratory ideas this party season try this modern take on a jubilant classic to spice up that street party…
- 1 Westin Gourmet Corn Fed Chicken
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 black peppercorns
- Pinch saffron
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 inch fresh ginger
- Bay leaf
- 5 tbsp top notch mango chutney
- 50g dried apricots, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp excellent curry powder
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 200ml good mayo
- 200ml Greek yoghurt
- Shredded lettuce leaves
- Pita pockets to serve
- n a large pot put in the whole chicken along with the saffron, salt, cinnamon, peppercorns, bay leaf and half of the ginger piece.
- Fill the pot with cold water until only the top of the chicken breast is exposed.
- Cover with a tight fitting lid and bring to a simmer.
- Maintain the simmer for 1 ½ hours until the juices run clear.
- Remove from the pan, set aside to rest and cool.
- At this point chop up the rest of the ginger.
- When the bird is lukewarm, shred the meat into bite size pieces.
- For the sauce, put the chutney and apricots into a large bowl.
- Meanwhile toast the curry powder in a dry frying pan.
- When fragrant add the rest of the ginger and mix them into the mango and apricot blend.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, then the mayo and yoghurt.
- Take a taste test and season if needed.
- When the shredded chicken is cold, add it to the spice mix and fold through until all chicken pieces are covered and refrigerate.
- Ideally the coronation chicken should be refrigerated for a couple of hours before serving.
- When it comes to serving, toast the pita pockets slightly just to warm them, separate the layers and add some shredded lettuce before filling with the coronation mix.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe