Fillet Mignon with Red Wine Sauce
|Fillet Mignon with Red Wine Sauce|
Recipe Type: The Main Attraction
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
If you’d rather a more sophisticated meal for 2 over a quick BBQ try our fab fillet with rambunctious red wine sauce for a real delectable treat that’s remarkably easy to achieve..
- 2 Westin Gourmet’s 5-6oz British Fillet Steaks
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 115g morel mushrooms, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 200ml your fave red wine
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- Rub the steaks with salt and pepper on all sides then brush on 1 tablespoon of oil onto each fillet.
- Heat a frying pan to a medium-high heat and add the steaks – careful the oil may spit.
- Fry the steaks for 3-4 minutes on both sides, these timings will produce a medium-rare steak, if you would like them well done or medium; fry them for 1-2 minutes longer on each side.
- Once cooked to your liking remove the steaks to some kitchen towel and remove any excess oil.
- Place them in a warm serving plate and cover with tinfoil to rest.
- Using the same frying pan, reduce the heat to low and add the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Fry the shallots and garlic for 2-3 minutes or until they begin to soften – make sure not to burn the garlic.
- Stir in the mushrooms and fry for a further 1-2 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the red wine and stir in the chopped thyme leaves – bring the sauce to a simmer do this for 5-6 minutes or until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Serve the steaks with some new potatoes, freshly steamed asparagus and a generous pouring of your tasty red wine sauce.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe