G Free Cheese Scones
|G Free Cheese Scones|
Recipe Type: The Support Act
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
Serves: 10 – 12
Scones are amazing – fact! They’re perfect as a sneaky snack and a brill comfort grub, but just because you need to eat G Free doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy them too! This recipe is super easy and super tasty too meaning it meets all your GF needs…
- 225g gluten free plain flour
- 1 ¼ tsp gluten free baking powder
- 55g butter
- 25g mature cheddar cheese – finely grated
- 160ml milk
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 220 degrees C / Gas mark 7.
- Lightly grease a baking tray.
- In a large baking bowl, mix the GF plain flour, baking powder and salt then rub in the butter.
- Using a spatula, stir in the cheddar cheese and add the milk to create a soft dough.
- Lightly dust your work surface with GF plain flour and turn out the dough.
- Gently knead it and roll into a circle about 2cm thick.
- Using a 2” cutter, cut out mini rounds and place on the baking sheet.
- If you have spare dough, gently knead again and repeat the process of cutting into rounds.
- Brush the tops of your cheese scones with a little milk and pop them in the oven for 12-15 min until risen and golden.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve with lashings of butter!
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe