G Free Hashbrowns with Smoked Salmon
|G Free Hashbrowns with Smoked Salmon|
Recipe Type: The Half Time Show
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Father’s Day is a great excuse to eat lots.. So, after a brill brekki and before a lush lunch try our epic brunch to keep your Pops happy!
- 1 large peeled potato
- 1 medium onion
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 slices smoked salmon
- Crème fraiche to serve
- Chives to serve
- Chop up the onion and place into a large bowl.
- Coarsely grate the potato into a potato ricer and squeeze out all the moisture you can from them.
- Make sure you don’t force the potato through the ricer.
- Place the potato into a large bowl with the onion and add the egg.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well; make sure you mix evenly for a good distributing of salt.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a frying pan.
- When hot (not smoking) add spoonfuls of the potato mix into the pan and flatten into patties about 1cm thick.
- Flip over once brown and crispy, this normally takes 2-3 min each side.
- Remove from heat and stack a few on each plate.
- Serve with a slice of smoked salmon, chopped chives and a dollop of crème fraiche – delish!
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe