G Free Strawberry Tarts with Coconut Cream
|G Free Strawberry Tarts with Coconut Cream|
Recipe Type: The Encore
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
Tired of regular strawberries and cream this Wimbledon? Try these mini tarts for a Grand Slam!
- 475g almond flour, aka almond meal
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 60ml coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 2 punnits of strawberries
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Line 12 cups in a muffin tin with greased proof paper.
- In a large bowl, add all the tart ingredients and thoroughly mix until a nice dough is formed.
- Separate the mix into the 12 papered cups and press down firmly into the cup, make sure you extend some of the mix up the sides too.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20min until golden brown.
- Set to one side and allow to cool for 10 min before placing the tray into the fridge until ready to serve.
- Raise the oven temperature to 200 degrees C.
- Half and hull the strawberries.
- In a large bowl, toss the strawberries, balsamic vinegar and sugar.
- Allow to sit until the oven is at desired temperature.
- Line a baking tray with some grease proof paper and then pour in the strawberry mix.
- Roast for 10 min until the strawberries are hot – be careful not to over roast them because they could turn mushy.
- The cans of coconut milk must be well chilled.
- Open carefully, keeping them level.
- Carefully scoop the firm, waxy layer of cream at the top and place into a chilled glass bowl.
- Using a mixer, whip the cream for 5 min until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the vanilla extract and a little sugar (if you think it needs it).
- Place back in the fridge until ready for serving.
- Strawberry Tarts – Assemble!
- Remove the paper liner off the tart cases.
- Top each case with a spoonful of the strawberry mix and a good dollop of coconut cream
- Serve immediately!
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe