Gluten Free Carrot Soup
|Gluten Free Carrot Soup|
Recipe Type: Starter
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
Carrots are naturally gluten free. The secret to the flavour is the gluten-free curry powder. Curry naturally compliments the flavour of the carrots. The soup is smooth and creamy without added fat. This recipe stays slim by using coconut milk or apple juice for the base.
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small shallot, peeled and chopped
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon gluten free curry powder
- 1/2 cup apple juice or coconut milk
- In a soup pot, add the olive oil and shallot.
- Saute on medium heat for about three minutes, until they just begin to soften.
- Add carrots and saute for another five minutes.
- Add water to the soup pot so that the carrots are just barely covered.
- Cover the pot and raise the heat to high. Bring the carrots to a boil.
- Lower the heat to a simmer once water is boiled.
- Cook the carrots until tender. This should take about twenty minutes.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper and about 1/2 – 1 teaspoon of curry powder (to taste).
- Add the apple juice or coconut milk.
- Blend with an immersion blender right in the pot.
- Adjust the seasonings as needed.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe