Nigel Slater’s Grilled Lamb with Feta and Lemon
|Grilled Lamb with Feta and Lemon|
Recipe Type: The Main Attraction
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
If you fancy restaurant food without needing to leave your home try Nigel Slater’s fab and fresh lamb dish – perfect for those hazy summer evenings.
- 6-8 lamb cutlets
- 1 small handful fresh oregano sprigs
- 1 small handful fresh thyme sprigs
- fruity olive oil, for drizzling and frying
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 block good-quality feta cheese
- 1 lemon, juice only, to taste
- Rip the leaves off the oregano and thyme sprigs
- Place in a bowl and drizzle over with some olive oil.
- Crumble in the feta (Large chunks are fine as they will break up slightly when everything is stirred together in the bowl).
- Season, to taste, with freshly ground black pepper and lemon juice and mix together gently.
- Heat a griddle pan until hot, season the lamb cutlets with salt and freshly ground black pepper and brush each cutlet with a little olive oil before placing on the hot griddle.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side, or until lightly crisp.
- Divide the cutlets between two warm plates, and while the cutlets are still sizzling, gently spoon over the feta and herb dressing.
- Eat immediately, while all is hot.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe