Perfectly Peachy Pork
|Perfectly Peachy Pork|
Recipe Type: Main Attraction
Prep Time: 1 hour 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total Time: 1 hour 20 mins
We know it may sound slightly odd, but trust us, this grilled peach and pork dish is quite simply heavenly!
- 4 x 4oz boneless pork loin chops
- 35ml balsamic vinegar, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large peaches, peeled, halved, and pitted
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Trimmed arugula salad to serve
- Wrap the pork chops in heavy-duty cling film and pound each piece until approximately 1cm thick.
- In a small bowl, mix the balsamic vinegar, lime juice, thyme, salt and pepper in a glass bowl.
- Pour 2 tbsp of the mix into a resalable plastic bag and add the pork – make sure all the pork is covered in the marinade.
- Seal the bag and pop into the fridge for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile preheat the skillet or grill to a medium heat.
- Place peaches on a plate, cut side up and drizzle with 2 tbsp of the marinade.
- When the pork has finished marinating, place it on the skillet and cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until it is cooked through – make sure you only turn the meat once.
- In the same skillet, place the peaches, cut sides down. Grill for 4 minutes or until soft and lightly browned.
- Turn and cook a further 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Slice each half into 4 and cut the boneless pork chops into 1-inch thick strips.
- To serve, drizzle the trimmed arugula with the remainder of the marinade and toss before dividing evenly to 4 plates.
- Top with the pork and peaches then sprinkle a very light layer of granulated sugar on the warm meat and peaches to bring out the natural sweetness – just don’t overdo it!
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe