Jamie Oliver’s Roast Rack of Lamb
|Roast Rack of Lamb with Crushed Potatoes|
Recipe Type: Main
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
Most people shy away from this delish cut of meat for fear of not being able to cook it. After all, it comes with bones and everything – what’s not scary about that? But here at WG we can’t get enough of it and we want to prove to you just how simple it actually is to cook, and how tasty. That’s why we’ve decided to bring you a brand new product for 2013, 2 x 8 Bone Racks of French Trimmed Lamb – you see, we even trim it so it’s oven ready, all you have to worry about is the seasoning, but Jamie’s got you covered for that…
- 1 x 8 Bone Rack of Lamb from Westin Gourmet
- 10 Anya potatoes
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- 1 handful of stoned Kalamata olives
- 1 small handful of garlic cloves
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper for seasoning
- Rosemary sprigs
- Preheat your oven to 190C / Gas mark 5.
- Boil your potatoes until tender and squeeze the pips from the cherry tomatoes.
- Pop a large frying pan on a high heat with a good glug of olive oil and sear the lamb until golden.
- Remove and put to one side.
- Drain and crush the potatoes in the frying pan (don’t mash) and fry for a couple of minutes on a low heat.
- Stir the tomatoes and olives into the potatoes and season, add a few rosemary sprigs and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place the potatoes etc. into a roasting tin then pop the rack of lamb on top of the potatoes and roast for 20-30 min until the lamb is lovely and pink in the middle.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and slice into chops, serve with the crispy potatoes.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe