Pan-roasted Canon of Lamb with Port and Chocolate Sauce
|Pan-roasted Canon of Lamb with Port and Chocolate Sauce|
Recipe Type: Main
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
Put your Easter eggs to good use this year by creating this rich port and chocolate sauce. Combined with pan-roasted lamb, vegetables and fondant potatoes and your loved ones are sure to be left spell-bound by its delicious flavours.
- 500g Canon of lamb
- 2 Sprigs rosemary
- 1tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 4tbsp Ruby port
- 150ml Beef stock
- 50g Unsalted butter
- 2tsp Grated chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids)
- Begin by preheating your oven to 200C and crushing your garlic cloves with the side of your knife.
- Next season your lamb by rubbing some salt and pepper into the surface and inserting your rosemary sprigs into the folds of the meat.
- Take an ovenproof frying pan and heat your oil over a medium flame. Add your garlic and lamb and leave to fry until all sides of the lamb are golden brown.
- Transfer your pan to the oven and allow your lamb to cook for 5-8 minutes (or longer depending on your preferences).
- Once you’re happy with your lamb, remove it from the oven and leave it to rest on a warm plate.
- Using the same pan you cooked your lamb in (and its remaining contents), return it to the heat and pour in your port. Take a wooden spoon and use it to scrape off any brown bits from the pan. Continue stirring.
- Introduce your beef stock to the pan and allow it to come to boil. Leave this sauce to cook until it has been reduced in volume by one-third.
- Stir in your butter and chocolate and allow them to melt.
- Thickly slice your lamb, serve with potatoes and vegetables and finish by drizzling your port and chocolate sauce over the top.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe