Roasted Caramelised Vegetables
|Roasted Caramelised Vegetables|
Recipe Type: Starter
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
This mouth watering dish will make even the hardest to please kids convert to eating veggies on a regular basis! Why not get them to help make it? They’re to enjoy it even more if they can grow their own veggies and pick them from the garden before getting busy in the kitchen!
- Half a swede
- 2 potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 4 small parsnips
- 2 medium red onions
- Half a cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon of mixed fresh herbs, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- Pre-heat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Wash, peel and chop all the vegetables into chunks. The potatoes and swede should be chopped slightly smaller than the rest, as they will take longer to cook. Smaller pieces mean everything should cook in around the same time.
- Grab a large bowl and put all the chopped vegetables in it.
- Peel and chop the garlic clove.
- Add the olive oil, garlic and herbs to the vegetables and toss everything around until all the veggies are well coated.
- Pour the veggies into a roasting dish and put in the oven near the top for about 35-40 minutes. Give them a stir after 20 minutes.
- Serve straight from the dish when you have guests!
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe