Roasted Rack Of Lamb With A Twist
|Roasted Rack Of Lamb With A Twist|
Recipe Type: Main Attraction
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total Time: 1 hour 10 mins
Lamb is in season and it’s truly yummy so make this roasted rack for a summery Sunday roast twist!
For the lamb
- 4 4-bone racks of lamb
- 1 bulb garlic – crushed
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 1 courgette – sliced
- aubergine – sliced
- 1 red and yellow pepper – cut into 4
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season
For the Pesto
- 1 bunch basil
- bulb garlic
- 20g grated Parmesan
- 20g toasted pine nuts
- 30 ml virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Caster sugar
For the Pesto
- Blend all the ingredients for the pesto together until smooth and set to one side.
For the Lamb
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C / Gas mark 6.
- Season the lamb well with salt and pepper.
- In a large sauté pan, drizzle a tbsp olive oil and place the lamb in fat side down.
- Brown and then turn – make sure all sides are coloured evenly.
- Place it fat side down again, and pop it in the oven for 15 min.
- While it’s cooking, prepare your veggies – heat a tbsp olive oil in a ban with the garlic and thyme until it sizzles.
- Season with some salt and pepper.
- In a hot pan, sear the veggies and then pop them in the flavoured oil.
- To serve, add a dollop of pesto to each plate, and place the veggies on top, carve the lamb and drizzle over some left over juices – delish!
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe