Spicy Piri-Piri Chicken
|Spicy Piri-Piri Chicken|
Recipe Type: Main Attraction
Prep Time: 1 min
Cook time: 30 mins
Total Time: 31 mins
Tired of plain old roasted chicken? Add a little heat with this fiery Portuguese wonder dish!
- 1 whole Corn Fed Chicken – spatchcocked
- 6 – 12 fresh red chillies, less for a more mild taste or more for a fiery treat!
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tsp salt flakes
- tsp oregano
- tbsp paprika
- 100ml olive oil
- 50mil red wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C / Gas mark 4.
- Put the chillies on a roasting tray and place in the oven for 10 min.
- Cool and roughly chop them, then place them, the garlic clove, salt, oregano, paprika, olive oil, and vinegar in a saucepan and simmer for 3 min.
- Allow to cool and blend into a puree.
- Place the spatchcocked chicken in a sealable plastic bag and add half the piri-piri sauce, making sure it’s spread evenly all over the chicken.
- Seal, and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Next, pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees C / Gas mark 6 and preheat a large griddle pan on the hop.
- Season the marinated chicken and griddle for 3 min, until golden brown.
- Place the bird on a roasting tray, pop it in the oven for 30 min, and is cooked through.
- Serve with chips and salad – spice up your salad by adding some jalapeños to the mix!
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe